The Moretons is ideal for families—our five acres of gardens and orchard are set away from the road and there is plenty of room for children to play in safety without disturbing other guests. We have a play area and a two storey heated playhouse (Victoria House) with long-term resident, Mr T Bear. Victoria House is fully furnished with play kitchen, gallery bedroom, toys and secret door. Outside, enjoy the swings (including baby swing), trampolines, tree-mounted basketball nets, climbing frame and slide in the play area. There is space to run around in the orchard, and perhaps meet some new friends for a game of football or challenge your family on our mini golf course (seasonal).
Children under 18 months swim free of charge in the swimming pools. Pool two has a large pool-side seating area. Both pools have baby changing mats and play pens. We ask that babies wear swimming nappies. Children are not permitted to use the jacuzzis.
Each house has plastic tableware for younger diners. Cots (guests are requested to supply their own cot bedding), stair gates and highchairs can be provided free of charge, subject to availability.
Activities and attractions in the area
There are many attractions in the area and a great deal are highly suitable for families and children. During your stay at The Moretons please do visit our map room at reception for leaflets on attractions, events and days out; we are happy to help with suggestions, recommendations and directions. We can also provide information on walks from The Moretons.
Child-friendly local attractions include the following.
- Birdland—Over 500 birds to see in a 9 acre park set on the River Windrush. Keeper talks and bird-feeding sessions. Open all year.
- Cadbury World—family-friendly chocolate-filled attraction in the pretty Bournville near Birmingham. Easily reached by train from nearby Ashchurch for Tewkesbury railway station if you fancy leaving the car at your home from home.
- Cotswold Farm Park—indoor and outdoor areas, animals, picnic areas, play area. Open February to December.
- Cotswold Wildlife Park—animals, gardens, train, feeding sessions and talks, adventure playground. Open all year.
- GWR Heritage Railway—railway days out with Thomas the Tank Engine and friends.
- Ice rink and laserquest—Skating rink, amusement arcade, food and laserquest gaming.
- Lasertag and karting—lasertag gaming, karting and food.
- Ragley Hall—large woodland adventure playground with 3D maze and aerial runway. Picnic area, pony rides, lake with water sports, walks. Open March to October.
- Sudeley Castle Gardens—adventure playground with wooden fort and zip wire, suitable for over 5s. Open March to October.
- Tenpin bowling—bowling for all ages, amusement arcade, cafe, pool tables, softplay with separate toddler area for under 3s.
- The Warehouse climbing centre—soft play and activities for toddlers, climbing and bouldering for all ages.
Local company Rock Up and Play provides experienced, insured babysitters to look after your child(ren) on-site. This service is available during nights out or functions and staff are paediatric first-aid trained.